One of the important api in Cognitive Services is Language Understanding Intelligent Service or LUIS and it is a natural language processing service that enable us to understand human language in our own application, website, chatbot, IoT device, etc. Once configure , train and publish your LUIS model, then the application can easily receive user input in natural language and take an appropriate action based on our intent,utterances,entity configuration in LUIS Model.
We can easily create LUIS model with the help of LUIS account and for this we require LUIS “Authoring resource” in Azure. So first of all, we need to create a LUIS API in Azure account using valid subscription key.
You can also refer the following articles on Cognitive Service.
- Cognitive Services : Translate Text into multiple languages using Asp.Net Core & C#
- Cognitive Services : Analyze an Image Using Computer Vision API With ASP.Net Core & C#
- Cognitive Services – Optical Character Recognition (OCR) from an image using Computer Vision API And C#
- Cognitive Services : Extract handwritten text from an image using Computer Vision API With ASP.NET Core & C#
- Cognitive Services : Convert Text to Speech in multiple languages using Asp.Net Core & C#
Create LUIS in Azure
Step 1 : Click on “+” icon -> go to “AI + Machine Learning” -> Click on “See all”.
Step 2 : Go to Cognitive Services and click on “See more”
Step 3 : Click on “Language Understanding”
Step 3 : The following screen will appear once you click on “Create” button in “Language Understanding”
- Subscription : We can select our Azure subscription for Language Understanding.
- Resource group : We can create a new resource group or choose from an existing one ( We select our existing resource group as “luis-test” ).
- Authoring location : The best thing is we can choose a location closest to our customer needs.
- Authoring pricing tier : We can choose the appropriate pricing tier as per our needs.
- Prediction location : The best thing is we can choose a location closest to our customer needs.
- Prediction pricing tier : As of now there are two pricing tier available “FO” & “SO” and obviously “FO” is the free one and better we can choose the appropriate pricing tier as per our needs.
7. Click on the “Review + Create” button and wait for the build success.
8. Once the build is succeeded, then click on the “Dashboard” and we can see “luis-cog-testing” is created in the All resources list . LUIS is ready for use !!.
Create Luis Application
We have already created the LUIS authoring resource in azure and now we can easily create LUIS model in Luis account. So go to LUIS account and create a new LUIS App.
- Name : Name of the luis application.
- Culture : The current culture or language going to use in Luis application.
- Description : A short description of our application.
- Authoring resource : The resource that we have created in azure.
- Prediction resource : The resource that we have created in azure.
The app is successfully created in LUIS and by default it will contain one “Intent” called as “None”. We will discuss in details of intent , utterances , entity in the upcoming articles.
From this article we have learned how to create LUIS model with the help of LUIS account and LUIS “Authoring resource” in Azure . I hope this article is useful for all beginners.